I meet with a group of fellow creators every Monday morning. The meeting consists of a time of sharing inspiration, challenges and goals for the next week. This is followed by a short presentation from one member. Below is my share for this week and my notes from the presentation.
Goals for last week: publish chapter 4, get comments working on blog / decide on publishing on Medium, draft of chapter 5.
* Had a co-worker reach out to offer to help with editing as I go. Met with him on Thursday. It was really encouraging to see his excitement for the project and willingness to help out!
* Another member signup, taking me to 7 subscribers! (myself included)
* Henry Millers 11 Commandments of Writing (https://www.brainpickings.org/2012/02/22/henry-miller-on-writing/)
* The opening paragraph (inciting incident) in All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
* Time wasted wishing I was a better writer
* Lack of motivation this week (thankful for the deadline pushing me to get something out)
1) publish chapter 5 on Friday
2) begin move to publishing on Medium as well.
3) rough draft of chapter 6
4) start work on outline of Act 2
Bryan brought the question: How do you decide when it is worth it to invest in yourself (i.e. spend money on training, etc)?